Get festive in Glasgow this month.
It doesn’t matter if you are swept up in the feel-good festive spirit or you’re more anti-yuletide than Mr Scrooge himself, there’s definitely something for you in our list of the best club nights in December.
- Bongo’s Bingo (14th & 15th December, Swg3) A massive night of the usual drunken antics, 90s anthems, awkward dance offs, amazing prizes and iconic rave intervals planned for your enjoyment. It’s bingo… but not as you know it.
2. Cream Glasgow (26th December, Swg3) – The iconic club night returns to Glasgow for another night of massive tunes! Line up includes Aly & Fila, John O’Callaghan, Laidback Luke, Calvin Logue & more.
3. Return to Mono – Slam & FJAKK (live) (14th December, Subclub) – The self-described techno boyband from Berlin join Slam for what should be a raucous, head-banging session.
4. Dixon Avenue Basement Jams (Berkeley Suite, 14th December) – The DABJ roll to the end of their residency here in 2018 having brought with them their full uncompromising arsenal of tunes and a varied collection of heavy hitting guests including Big Miz, The Mover, Machine Woman, and Mella Dee to name a few
5. Boxing Day on the Boat (Ivan Kutz, The Ferry) – We all know that itchy feeling you get when your desperate to get out for a rave after spending a full day in the gaff on Christmas Day with your family and loved ones…
Well we have the perfect antidote – Platform 18, Incept and Animal Farm have joined forces to bring you BOXING DAY ON THE BOAT
6. Boxing Day with Illyus & Barrientos (Oran Mor, 26th December) – With releases so far for Defected, Suara, Toolroom, Exploited Records and Glasgow Underground and riotous gigs at Space Ibiza, Ministry of Sound, XOYO, these boys are smashing it AND this is a party not to miss this December.
7. NYE with Black Madonna (SWG3, 31st December) – The first round of acts announced for what’s set to be the biggest NYE party in Glasgow. Catch Black Madonna, Optimo, & Red Axes.
8. Subculture with Derrick Carter, (SWG3, 29th December) – Widely acknowledged as one of the best DJs in the world, the legend himself Derrick Carter returns to Glasgow for 4 hours of madness!
9. JAX, Princes Square, Glasgow – The newest and coolest bar in Glasgow’s iconic Princes Square is definitely somewhere you should check out this December! You can even catch our own Ben Crawford spinnin’ tunes on the occasional Saturday night.
10. Gerry Cinnamon, 24th December, Barrowlands – Ok, so technically not a “club night” but Glasgow’s favourite son Gerry Cinnamon returns to the Barrowlands on Christmas eve for what will be a night to remember!